by Joan Hamer
originally published in Pine Meadow Knitting News
Fits teenager or small adult.
For larger mitts, use #10 (6 mm) dpn's for a gauge of 3-1/2 sts = 1" and
increase the number of rnds between Rib & Thumb to 13 rnds.
- One skein worsted weight yarn and one skein of sport weight yarn. This
mitt is a good scrap user-upper. Use one color heavier yarn and vary the
sport colors or vice versa.
- Size 8 (5 mm) double pointed needles.
Gauge: 4 sts = 1"
Cast on 24 sts.
K1, P1 for 20 rnds. On the 20th rnd, increase 4 sts. (28 sts total)
Knit 11 rnds.
- Next Rnd: K1, k5 and place these 5 sts on stitch holder. Knit around.
- Next Rnd: K1, cast on 5 sts. Knit around.
Knit 22 rnds.
- Place 5 sts from holder onto dpn. Pick up 5 sts on opposite side plus
1 st each at corners (12 sts total).
- Knit 14 rnds.
- K2 tog around. Finish as for body of mitten.
URL of this page: https://fibergypsy.com/pmkn/susanmitt.shtml
Copyright 1998 - 2022 The Fiber Gypsy (except as otherwise noted) · Webmaster: info (at) fibergypsy (dot) com
This page last modified: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Using the information you find here: Please feel free to link directly to this page and to use any of the information you find here in your own personal fiber pursuits, but do honor all copyright notices as posted. All information contained in the pages maintained on the FiberGypsy server is copyrighted and may be used and shared freely in any form provided no profit is made from its distribution and provided The Fiber Gypsy is cited as the source of this information.