Cast on 40 sts with MC. Knit in K1, P1 ribbing for 3", increasing
4 sts evenly spaced on last row.
Change to larger needles and attach CC.
Work in slip stitch pattern as follows:
- Row 1: (MC) - K1, *sl 1 purlwise, K1. Repeat from * across ending with
- Row 2: (MC) - Purl
- Row 3: (CC) - K1, *K1, sl 1 purlwise across ending with K1.
- Row 4: (CC) - Purl
Repeat rows 1-4 for 2" above ribbing ending with row 4. Cut CC.
- Knit 1st 8 sts with MC and put on holder, attach CC and work in pat to end.
- Purl back, casting on 8 sts at end of row.
Continue in pattern until piece meas. 6-1/2" above ribbing, ending
with row 4 and decreasing 2 sts in last row. Cut CC.
- Row 1: With MC, K5, K2 tog across row.
- Row 2: Purl
- Row 3: K4, K2 tog across row.
- Row 4: Purl
- Row 5: K3, K2 tog across row.
- Row 6: Purl
- Row 7: K2, K2 tog across row.
- Row 8: Purl
- Row 9: K1, K2tog across row.
- Row 10: Purl
- Row 11: K2, K2 tog across row. Cut yarn leaving 18". Thread yarn
- sts and let hang.
- Put 8 sts from holder onto needle.
- Attach MC and pick up 2 sts at intersection.
- Pick up 8 sts from cast on sts (18 sts).
- Work in st st for 1-3/4".
- Next Row: K1, K2 tog across.
- Next Row: Purl
- Next Row: K2 tog across. Cut yarn leaving end for sewing. Sew thumb
Sew side of mitten and weave in ends.