Bonnet to Match Quickie ("5-hour") Baby Sweater
Baby Bonnet to Match Quickie Sweater
Materials: Size 10-1/2 [Ed. note: 6.5 mm]knitting needles, 4-ply (worsted weight) yarn [Ed. note: 55-75 yd/oz, 180-240 m/100g]
- Cast on 14 sts and work in stockinette st for 3-1/2 inches,
ending with a purl row.
- Cast on 12 sts at end of each of next two rows. (38 sts).
- Work in pattern st as follows:
- Row 1: Knit
- Row 2: Purl
- Row 3: Knit
- Row 4: Purl
- Row 5: K1, *K2tog, repeat from * across row, ending K1.
- Row 6: *K1, insert needle under next horizontal loop of row
below (between stitches) and knit this st, repeat from * across, ending
- Repeat these 6 rows, two more times.
- Work 4 rows of stockinette st, bind off.
- Sew up side edge of cap to the 12 cast on sts of front.
- Work 1 row of SC around entire cap, working in back loop of sts at
front edge to form a ridge.
- Turn SC row under at front edge and sew lightly in place to form a
- Work crocheted beading row at neck edge as follows:
- On right side of work, fasten yarn in right corner of lower edge.
- ch 4, *Skip 1 st, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, repeat from * ending 1 dc
in last st.
- Crochet chain for cord.
URL of this page: https://fibergypsy.com/patterns/bonnet.shtml
Copyright 1998 - 2022 The Fiber Gypsy (except as otherwise noted) · Webmaster: info (at) fibergypsy (dot) com
This page last modified: Monday, April 25, 2022
Using the information you find here: Please feel free to link directly to this page and to use any of the information you find here in your own personal fiber pursuits, but do honor all copyright notices as posted. All information contained in the pages maintained on the FiberGypsy server is copyrighted and may be used and shared freely in any form provided no profit is made from its distribution and provided The Fiber Gypsy is cited as the source of this information.